Thank you! A really useful day. – Deputy Head of Lower School
Please email for rates and to discuss your individual needs for sessions. Training is delivered nationally.
Full Day In-house Self Awareness (CPD) from 9.30am – 4.30pm includes the following:
- Why people turn to self-harm – triggers and functions.
- The role of the internet/social media.
- Myths & language use.
- Self-harm and suicide – similarities and differences.
- How to support someone who self-harms.
*Shorter introductory sessions and half-days sessions can also be delivered. Please contact me with your requirements.
This course offers 6 CPD hours for a full day.
A minimum of 2 hours (usually delivered across the length of one lesson to an average class size) includes the following:
- Importance of mental health and emotional well being.
- What is anxiety?
- What can cause emotional distress?
- How to manage distress.
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts.
- How to support yourself / a friend.
A minimum of 1 hour includes the following:
- What is self-harm?
- What can lead a young person to self-harm?
- Functions of self-harm?
- Supporting a child who is self-harming.
- How you, the parent/carer feels when faced with self-harm.
Please email for rates regarding delivery of talks and workshops at conferences and study days.